- Q&A with Senate District 53 incumbent Susan Kent (Woodbury Bulletin 10/16/16)
- Kent: Do You Believe In a Better Future? (Woodbury Bulletin 10/16/16)
Kent serves as strong advocate for transit and entire east metro (Woodbury Bulletin 10/16/16)
Kent has Proven Herself Effective and Bipartisan (Woodbury Bulletin 10/16/16)
Kent Advocates for Progress (Woodbury Bulletin 10/16/16)
- Gov. Dayton to give $3 million boost for Gold Line bus project – “If we don’t have a balanced transit system…it means we’re losing out on opportunity,” said Sen. Susan Kent. (Woodbury Bulletin 9/1/16)
- Minnesota’s school staff shortage – Senator Kent Secures $13 Million to Address Issue (Kare11 8/25/16)
- Senator Susan Kent to Refuse Pay During Special Session (MN Senate DFL)
- Why a new education data law is so important to Minnesota’s Asian and Pacific Islander community (MinnPost 8/5/16)
- Top races to watch, SD53 named one of Top 10 for MN Senate “Kent has emerged as one of the more prominent members of the Senate freshman class. ” (MinnPost 7/28/16)
- From pre-K to school discipline: a look at the education initiatives that survived Minnesota’s 2016 legislative session (MinnPost 6/3/16)
- Fixing Minnesota’s school counselor crunch: If not now, say advocates, then when? (Minnpost 2/12/16)
- Privacy advocates say student data legislation needs more work (MPR 5/10/16)
- A question of fairness? East metro group makes its case for more transit in Dakota, Ramsey and Washington counties (MinnPost 4/20/16)
- More transparent student testing has (rare) bipartisan support (Pioneer Press 3/24/16)
- Money for Student Counseling Takes a Back Seat – about Student Support Services & the Achievement Gap (MPR 3/7/16)
- Give Minnesota students the support services they need to succeed – Star Tribune Editorial supporting Support Our Students bill (Star Tribune – 3/14/16)
- More detailed student data seen as key to narrowing the achievement gap (MinnPost 2/26/16)
- Former District 833 Superintendent Backs Susan Kent – Tom Nelson says Susan Kent “knows our future is directly tied to our commitment to a quality education.”
- Lillie and Kent: Woodbury Candidate Forum for Senate District 53 – Residents packed the Woodbury City Council chambers Tuesday night during a candidate forum for local Senate and House races.
- Legislative Candidates Touch on Jobs, Taxes, Health Care, Marriage Amendment (Woodbury Bulletin Article No Longer Online) – A legislative candidate forum hosted by the Woodbury-Cottage Grove League of Women Voters Tuesday night gave candidates a chance to answer questions on voters’ minds.
- Candidate’s Viewpoint: Time to work together, end gridlock (Woodbury Bulletin Article No Longer Online) – I am Susan Kent and I am running for the open Senate seat in the new Senate District 53.
- Democratic fundraising outpacing GOP in Senate District 53 (Woodbury Bulletin Article No Longer Online) – Senate District 53 candidate Susan Kent raised the most money between Jan. 1 and July 23, among the three local races, according to reports filed this month with state’s Campaign Finance & Public Disclosure Board.
- Keillor strikes chord with Woodbury-area Democrats (Woodbury Bulletin Article No Longer Online) – Keillor, who led a parade of high-profile Democrats – including Jim Klobuchar, Senate Minority Leader Tom Bakk and State Auditor Rebecca Otto – kicked off his speech at the District 53 “DFL Unity Picnic” by describing the route he enjoys taking when descending into the Twin Cities on airplane flights.
- Local DFL Chair: 2012 Candidates Recall 2006 Sweep – Susan Kent, JoAnn Ward and Ann Marie Metzger were endorsed at Saturday’s District 53 event.
- Woodbury Consultant Seeks DFL Endorsement in New Senate District 53 “Minnesota has a proud legacy of commitment to education, health care and job creation that has contributed to a healthy population,” Kent said in a statement issued Thursday, March 22. “As we look toward economic recovery, it is critical that we renew our commitment to our citizens and end the legislative gridlock at the Capitol.”
- Woodbury Woman Announces Bid for State Senate – Susan Kent says she will seek the DFL endorsement in District 53.